Make it Simple; but Significant…
Things to Consider:
What to wear:
- Your clothing should reflect your family’s personality (casual, semi-casual, or dressy)
- A neutral and timeless theme will ensure that your family will be the focus of the Portraits, instead of the clothing.
- You’ll want outfits that coordinate well with one another.
- Consider your home’s color palette, based on where you‘ll hang the larger portraits.
- Jeans or Khaki pants with black or white shirts; guys in one color and the girls in another color; layering a pleasant combination of colors throughout the family members, etc.
Prior to scheduling your session, ask yourself a few questions:
- What type of portraits do I want – Traditional/Posed Portraits, less posed/Photojournalistic/Candid Portraits or combination of both?
- Do I want Portraits taken In-Studio, Outdoors, or both?
- Where will I hang and/or put my Portraits? What sized portraits am I interested in? Do I want one large Portrait or a cool-modern Grouping of Portraits? Does it matter if they are Horizontal or Vertical? Have I considered a Gallery-wrapped Canvas Portrait?
My Studio offers:
A very comfortable, quiet, and relaxed atmosphere to ensure a fun, memorable, and successful experience.
My backgrounds include:
- Traditional Cloth Muslims in an Array Colors
- Rustic Barn Board Background and Floor
- Corner Brick Area
- Galvanized-steel Corner Area
- White-washed Boards Background
- Light Stone Background
- A Dark Brown Door with Doorstep and Stucco Walls
- All White Background
- Many Props, Chairs, and Options
- Large, private changing-area
- Full Bathroom
Many wonderful Outdoor Opportunities are available with just a very short commute:
- A flowing Stone Creek Bed and Waterfall
- Stone Pillar Fences
- Old Rustic Trees
- Grassy Areas with Wooded Backgrounds
- Rustic Fences
- Wood-lined Walking Paths
- The Bay and a Beach area
- The Beautiful Sunset
- or a Location of Your Choice
During an extended-Family Portrait Session, I strongly recommend that we plan to accomplish many various groupings:
- The Entire family
- Each Individual Family Grouping
- Grandparents with Grandchildren,
- Grandchildren, etc.
- (There is NO obligation to purchase those portraits)
My convenient appointment availability includes:
- Some Saturdays
In capturing your family’s precious memories, I pride myself on my very pleasant and friendly personality…while providing very professional, yet fun, and creative photography.
Within 10 days of your session, I invite you back to view your incredible images. I begin with a fun slide show; then we move into the process of narrowing down the images to those that you love; and then continue narrowing them down to those that you’d like to order. Prior to this ‘viewing session’, I do ask that you do a little homework…to consider and write down your portrait needs/desires; and to text or e-mail me an image of any of your wall spaces that have potential portrait opportunities. ‘See it before you buy’…I am able to show you exactly what your wall would look like with the portraits you are considering.